Are you receiving the following errors while launching Oracle R12 forms session after an instance cloning exercise ? One of the reasons why this could happen is when you have a Linux root / file system that is 100% full with no free space available.
formsweb: Forms session <1> aborted: runtime process failed during startup with errors. frmweb: error while loading shared libraries: libdeb.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
1) Source the applications environment file of the Oracle R12 instance. i.e, BASE DIRECTORY/apps/apps_st/appl/APPSINSTANCENAME_appserver.env
2) cd BASE DIRECTORY/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/bin
3) ldd frmweb. Notice the libdeb.so.0 => not found error.
4) Now run the relink all command.
5) One of the reasons why the relink command may fail is due to the lack of free space on the root / file system on Linux operating system. If that is the case, please delete unnecessary files or directories in the root / file system.
6) Now retry running the relink all command and it should complete successfully.
7) Verify the ldd frmweb command output again. Notice that it now links libdeb.so.0 successfully.
ldd frmweb | grep -i "libdeb.so.0"
libdeb.so.0 => BASE DIRECTORY/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/lib/libdeb.so.0
8) Re-launch the Oracle R12 forms session and this time you should not receive any more errors.
Post a Comment