Are you getting the error "Oracle VM VirtualBox - Failed to open create the internal network" for the VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter while logging into a virtual machine created in Oracle VirtualBox with Windows 10 operating system ? If so, please try the solution below.
- Open Control Panel>>Device Manager.
- Expand “Network Adapters”.
- Notice that “Virtual Box hosts-only adapter” is present.
- Right click on the adapter and select “Uninstall”.
- Complete the uninstall process, by removing all supported files. (This is very important. If you do not remove all the files, virtual box will use same registry entries/drivers after reinstalling).
- After uninstalling the Virtual box host-only adapter, Uninstall Virtual box completely. This uninstalling should be done by “Virtual Box” installer. Do not do this directly from Control Panel>> Programs and Features/Add or remove programs”.
- Restart your PC.
- Do a complete fresh install of Oracle VM VirtualBox again.
- Open Control Panel>>Network and Internet>>Network Connections.
- Right click on the Virtual Box adapter and select “Properties”.
- Make sure “Virtual Box NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver” is selected. If it is not selected, then check the checkbox and click on OK.
- Open Virtual Box application and then try to startup the VM. It should start without any issues.